The society of the third millennium requires citizens capable of transforming data into knowledge, emotion into thought and participation into group action, and this is why the school is based upon its own principals of methodology.
The main aims of our educational project are:
- excellent curricular preparation
- intense language learning
- solid sense of values
- a commitment to using innovative methodology
These principals of methodology are:
- To develop a project based on multiple intelligence principles in the implementation of the methodology of the centre
- The school understands that the teacher is the student’s learning companion
- The school encourages cooperative and contextualised learning
- The school incentivises the use of ICT as essential methodology tools in current society.
- The school encourages its students to learn through projects, as it is understood that the students are proactive and play a leading role in their own learning.
We promote a stimulating learning environment, awakening the desire to learn, because learning is the resource intelligence uses to be able to adapt to changes along the path of life. Through the development and use of updated programmes and specific methodology, diversity is managed and the whole of the student body can be included. The proposal is to encourage collaborative work supported by communication and technological resources which are essential for the youth of today and the professionals of tomorrow.
We use two main resources in our methodology: collaborative work and the use of ICT.
- Collaborative work: collaborative work is the didactic use of small groups where students work together to maximise their learning and that of the others. This concept is used at our centre from Infants, who work with projects and learning corners, and it continues in Primary and Secondary Education using various techniques and collaborative strategies with ICT resources.
- Information and Communication Technology: The use of technological resources with classrooms equipped with Interactive Whiteboards, tablets, all within an educational context, makes for learning environments that are constantly changing and thus teaching our students to be competent users of technology.